Monday, July 23, 2012

Photos of the Bathroom Progress

I hadn't gotten around to taking photos of everything for Friday's To Do List update, so here are some pics  & details!

We've replaced all of the grungy looking tan outlets/switches with new white ones.
They all worked just fine, but since they'll be right next to the white wainscoting, I wanted them to match.
I forgot to take "before" shots, but here are the afters:


<---I feel like the outlet on the left is upside down.  Clearly doesn't matter, but Mike said he'll flip it for me.  What a great hubby!




This is looking up to the ceiling light/fan. 
We completed the venting. 
It was originally installed to blow right into a beam in the attic floor- no wonder it didn't work!
We still have to install the actual fixture once the spackling is done.










I've spent lots of time scraping the caulking away 
from where the old shower doors were installed.


Putty knife, razor blade, cleaner... little by little it's coming up, but there's still a mark.  Ugh!  More elbow grease needed!




The mirror has come down- happily, we got it out without breaking it!
We also took down the light fixture for now. It's coming back, but we need it out of the way for spackling.

Mike finished the areas that needed to be re-sheetrocked on Friday, and spackling has started (a week ahead of schedule- yay!)  


As for downstairs, the new electrical cable is bundled up with the existing, as are the new Pex lines.  We'll be closing that wall back up soon.


In the family room, we no longer have the stack running all the way down to the floor, but the plumbing had to drop lower than the ceiling to connect to the new stack.
We have a few creative ideas on how to close all this back up, without it being noticeable.




No comments:

Post a Comment