Thursday, January 9, 2014

Media Room- Flooring & Furniture

I'm happy to report that our flooring for the media room finally arrived!
Mike picked up all 13 boxes of it on 12/26.

On New Year's Eve, our sectional couch arrived!
(Photo from the website)
It's hard to tell the exact colors from that photo, but the sofa is a solid gray- not as purplish as the photo looks.  (I peeked in the boxes to be sure!)
I opened the box with the ottoman, so we could pick the paint color for the walls.  
This is a pretty accurate representation of the colors...
...And the stripes on the right are throw pillows that Mike's parents gave us for Christmas (along with some super cozy throws).  They had no idea of the colors we were picking for the media room, but I don't think we could have planned a better match if we tried!

So, I'm tripping over boxes of flooring in the hallway and making my way around huge sofa boxes in the family room.  And we hit a Black Friday deal for the new TV, so that's in a big box in the office.  It's looking like a warehouse around here!!!  But it feels good to have most of the major purchases complete and ready to go!

Now I'm just struggling to find a rug.  I was originally planning on gray, but now I'm worried it'll be too much gray with the couch.  Or worse- that the rug & couch will clash.  So, I may need to hold off until we get the flooring done and the couch set up to decide upon a rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment