Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Basement Stairway- FINALLY painted!

It took longer than I hoped (a solid week) but it's done!

From the top of the stairs, looking down...





BEFORE 
[shudder]






AFTER
SO much brighter!


I used some old fashioned bread pans to store some cleaners.  I'm going to be on the look-out for more of those at yard sales!



From the bottom looking up...

BEFORE














AFTER 














I feel so much better now that this is done.  It's much more organized!

 I spray painted a couple of odd items for storage, to make them look more uniform.
(I was annoyed that the shower caddy got all rusty after only 2 weeks in the shower, but after a coat of black Rustoleum, it's just fine for storing extra dust rags, sponges, etc.)





And do you see the crockery on the second shelf???
My friend's mom gave them to me and I absolutely LOVE them! 
I can't wait until the kitchen is done so that I can display them properly!

Here's a close up:

Related posts:

Basement Stair Rail

Trimming it up- Basement stairwell

Basement stairway- paint prepping


Some in-progress photos of the painting (for the record):

1 comment: