Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Back Barn Door

I don't think I have mentioned here that the workshop barn has a back door.
It's one of my favorite things about the barn!

You can see how it opens up onto the landing of the stairs that go to the 2nd floor.

When we were working on the roof the other weekend, we had it opened for Mike & my brother to set their Gatorade, and for the tunes to be plugged in.

With the door opened, I noticed the sill at the bottom was missing...

Mike said he'd fix it right then, if I could find a board to use from the scrap pile (the one that we started when the recent storm brought down a tree on the picket fence!)





Not one to turn down a quick project- I scurried over and found a board.





The rest didn't take long at all...










The door isn't hung completely square, and unfortunately, that's more noticable now... but it's just the barn (and the back of it to boot!), so I'm not even worrying about that right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment