Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yard Saling

Now that we're starting to get into the colder weather, I figured the yard sales would be less bountiful- BUMMER!

But while my parents were visiting, there were 4 listed in the local paper. 
It seems that folks just move the sales into the barns (at least for a couple more weeks!)
Mom & I decided to leave the boys at home & check them out.  And I am SO happy we did- talk about deals!

Check out my finds!
Price = $2.00



A pressed tin tray... 
Perfect not only for my serving platter obsession, but also because I am working on the master bedroom. 

The tray will really coordinate with the gray/purple theme of the master suite.  I will put it on top of my dresser- to catch the odds & ends that normally clutter up that area!





Price= $2.00



A framed print...
My little guy's room is decorated in an airplane theme


I hung this above his bed- it coordinates with three other framed prints that Mike's parents gave us for the room.






Price= $1.00






A wooden frame... 
I think it was originally a mirror frame on top of a dresser. 

It's a little beat up, but I think it'll look really pretty once I add a photo and hang it on the wall in the parlor (once it's not the dining room anymore!)







Price= $1.00
A tea tray table... 
Yeah, it has a couple of water stains- but for some reason, I was drawn to it.  Probably due to the fact that we don't have ANY tables for the future parlor. 
I figure I'll just put something over the stains :o)
(Update: Or paint it!)

Price= $2.00




Another table...
I almost didn't get this, but for the price, I couldn't leave without it!  I can always find someplace for a little table. 

This one is really solid- and I like the curvy top.

Perhaps it will go in the new half bath that we're putting in. Then I can put rolled hand towels & a basket of toilet paper on the shelves... We'll see!





Price= $2.00


Another tray... 
This one has material under glass- which I may or may not change out, since I have no idea where it's going to "live" yet. 

I'll be moving it to different surfaces around the house for the next two weeks. 

That's half the fun!



A Railroad Lantern Lamp... 
This is my "odd" find.  I've been looking for lamps, since there aren't any overhead lights in the family room.  We added a wrought iron chandelier & accessories a while back, so the lamp's black finish goes nicely. 
It's lampshade was beat (and rather 70's looking).  I scouted around the attic, but couldn't find anything that was the right proportion.  So, I got one at Walmart for approx. $9 which eats into my "deal"- but a new lamp would definitely still cost more, and wouldn't be as unique!
The shade it came with
Price= $2.00
Total= $11.00 (after shade purchase)








Price = $1.00

Another framed print...

This pretty little 5x7 frame has pale green lines painted on it, though they're hard to see in this photo. 

I think it will go nicely in the new kitchen
 

And my best deal of the day-
You know how I love my wrought iron yard furniture.
I saw this half-round table at one sale & almost didn't even ask how much the woman wanted.
But I did...

Broken leg
but  not a show-stopper!


...and due to one leg being broken, she said she'd be happy if I took it away for $1.00!!!

How could I pass it up? 
I figured that even if Mike couldn't fix the leg, I could use the top to hang as a piece of art. 

Happily, Mike thinks that he & my brother can weld the leg- YAY!
I'll post when we get around to it- just don't hold your breath!  It'll probably  be next summer.
And there was so much that I left behind... including about 5 chairs that I liked (only $5-$10 each!) 
But I think Mike will kill me if I bring another chair into the house- I have quite a few hanging out in the barn, waiting to get re-finished.  I'm saving them as good winter projects :o) 

So, in case you haven't been keeping track...
Total spent on yard sale day was $14!


Some girls go to the spa & spend $100 on a facial...
Give me $20 & a list of yard sales and I'm as happy as can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment