Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Siding turned into Signs

Back when we replaced the siding on the goat barn, I had Mike store some of the old barn siding.
I told him I had big plans for it (he lovingly rolled his eyes and left me a pile of it in the workshop!)

Sorry- name has been blocked :o)
The first sign I created was to put on the front of the goat barn, which is also home to the chicken coop.
I thought it would be cute, and I love alliteration!




I bought a pack of stencils and used some old white paint that I had left over from the driveway sign.  The red was the original barn siding color.  It had faded into almost a pink, but had just the right amount of chippy-ness for a rustic farmyard feel. Once the white lettering was dry, I used a clear spray paint sealer (also left over from the driveway sign).  As I hoped, the clear coat made the red more vibrant, instead of  faded pink.

When I held it up to the barn, if felt lost with the red-on-red.  So Mike pulled a piece of the old barn door out of the scrap pile to use as a background.  I painted it white for contrast.




While I was thinking of the chickens, I made a couple of signs for when we have eggs to sell.

Mike is going to attach them to a metal post that we can stick into the ground at the end of the driveway on days that we have eggs available (though that probably won't be until around September).

No comments:

Post a Comment