Sunday, September 30, 2018

Backyard Decorating

A few little items that we added in the backyard!

A Butterfly house that we got as a Christmas gift:
We re-used one of the old fence posts to stand it on.  
We still have to paint it the gray of the privacy fence.
The butterfly bush is going to be re-planted from the side of the house (where it was moved before construction on the backyard began) to a spot nearby.


I've been going back and forth on what to do around the sundial.  Putting in plants would mean digging up the leveled foundation underneath- which would cause a hassle if I decide to go with the blue stone that I think I really want.  So I don't want to do anything too permanent for the time being.

I found these rocks in the craft section of the store and bought a bunch.  
They reminded me of the rocks on the beach we always went to when I was growing up!  
The boys picked out a few rocks that they liked on a recent trip to California and added them to it too.  
I think we will make this our little memory rock garden for the time being, adding a few from each trip we take!

No comments:

Post a Comment