We used a lot of mums to decorate the front yard for fall.Our stone wall has five built in plant holders, which I filled with purple mums.
Unfortunately, they were now starting to look a little ratty...
My grand plan is to buy perennials for the wall each season, and then re-plant them somewhere in the yard. More bang for the buck!
For the purple mums (and let's just say purple is my project theme color this month!) I decided to move them to around the sign post at our back driveway entrance. That spot was begging for some flowers!
Here's a photo...
Disregard the fact that they're half dead, and also that we haven't raked the leaves.
Picture how lovely it'll look late next summer!
AND most exciting of all... We're almost ready to put a sign there!
Mike built it 2 weekends ago & I painted it this weekend.
We're just waiting for it to dry so we can do a sealer coat & hang it.
More to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment